The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and associated
shutdown has significantly affected many businesses.
Here at P. G. Fry & Company we know many businesses are suffering through this current crisis. Cash flow is less certain, and the future is unclear.
P. G. Fry & Company are still open, we have implemented safe ways of working for all our team. We can accommodate a variety of options to facilitate virtual meetings and other alternatives in order to provide the best possible service. We will do all we can to help our clients.
Various support measures have been announced by the Government, which we can advise and assist on if required.
- HMRC is automatically deferring the next VAT
and Income Tax bills, and it will agree extra time for you to
pay Corporation Tax and PAYE, but those terms need to be
- Government grants have been announced for self employed and employers to cover 80% of profits or wages. If you are unsure how you or your business fits into this we can help.
- A large number of businesses will have their Business Rates
bill for 2020/21 wiped out, and smaller businesses will be
eligible for cash grants of £10,000 or £25,000 from their local
authority. We can help guide you through the eligibility if you are finding the Government advice confusing.
- If you are renting your home or business premises and are
having difficulty in paying your rent, you should speak to your
landlord. The law has been changed to require the landlord to
give you at least three months notice to leave the property. All
current court proceedings concerning evictions have
- If your outgoings are currently ahead of your sales, the Government has temporarily changed the rules on wrongful trading. This allows companies to pay staff and suppliers even if the directors fear this could make the company insolvent. While the restrictions exist your creditors will not be able to force your business into administration or liquidation.
To all our clients, friends, suppliers and partners, stay well, stay safe and best wishes at this difficult time.